RA 9520 | COOPERATIVE CODE SPECIAL PROVISIONS IRR
RULES AND REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTING
THE SPECIAL PROVISIONS OF THE PHILIPPINE COOPERATIVE CODE OF 2008
(REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9520)
Section 1. Title. These Rules shall be known as the “Rules and Regulations Implementing the Special Provisions of the Philippine Cooperative Code of 2008.”
Section 2. Definition of Terms. For the purpose of these Rules and Regulations, the following terms are defined as follows:
1. Accreditation – shall refer to the act of the OTC Board of Directors recognize the Transportation Service Cooperatives and which shall take place after registration with the CDA as evidenced by a Certificate of Accreditation.
2. Agrarian Reform Area – shall refer to the area subject to the coverage of Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP)/Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program Extension with Reform (CARPER).
3. Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBs) – shall refer to the qualified beneficiaries of Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) as defined under Section 22, Chapter VII of R.A. 6657.
4. Agrarian Reform Community (ARC) – shall refer to a community composed and managed by ARBs who are willing to be organized and to undertake the integrated development of an area and/or their organizations or cooperatives as defined under RA 9700, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program Extension with Reform (CARPER) Act.
5. Agrarian Reform Cooperative – shall refer to one organized by marginal farmers majority of which are Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries duly registered with the Authority for the purpose of developing an appropriate system of land tenure, land development, land consolidation or land management in areas covered by agrarian reform and for other purposes as provided by law. The same shall also refer to Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Cooperative (ARB Coop) as defined in DAR Administrative Order No. 05, Series of 2009.
6. Authority – shall refer to Cooperative Development Authority (CDA).
7. BFAD – shall refer to Bureau of Food and Drugs.
8. Blanket Loan/Wholesale Loan – shall refer to a housing loan contracted/obtained by a housing cooperative intended to identify member-beneficiaries for land acquisition, land improvement, house construction, home improvement, or renovation and other similar purposes.
9. BSP – shall refer to Bangko Sentral Pilipinas.
10. CGS – shall refer to the Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Authority to all types of cooperatives. Transportation Service Cooperative shall also secure another CGS from OTC or LGU, whichever is applicable.
11. CLOA – shall refer to the Certificate of Land Ownership Award.
12. Commission – shall refer to the Insurance Commission.
Click here to read the FULL CONTENTS of the Cooperative Code Special Provisions IRR
Double Click on Video for Full Screen Mode